Senior-Level Environmental Professional
GSI Water Solutions, Inc. (GSI), is seeking a senior-level environmental professional with a strong technical background in hydrogeology and/or engineering. The individual must have a track record of successful project and client management, and possess strong business development skills. This is a position for a team-spirited individual who enjoys mentoring junior staff members through technical oversight, leadership development, and professional guidance in their careers.
The successful candidate must be a Registered Geologist or Professional Engineer in Oregon who is managing a thriving career in the areas of environmental investigations, feasibility studies, and remediation. The primary focus for this position is environmental services; a strong working knowledge of federal and state environmental regulations, including CERCLA, RCRA, and Oregon environmental cleanup regulations, is required. Given that GSI focuses on environmental and water resources consulting, there also are opportunities to work on a variety of projects, including contaminated sediment investigations and remediation, stormwater management, brownfields redevelopment, groundwater resource evaluation, and aquifer storage and recovery (ASR) projects.
- Strategically collaborating with clients, legal counsel, regulators, and GSI staff members to solve problems related to environmental contamination and management.
- Developing, documenting, and implementing technical approaches to support the strategies and regulatory requirements of our clients’ projects.
- Generating professional quality technical documents including reports and proposals.
- Providing technical review and oversight of project work and reports prepared by junior and mid-level environmental staff members
As a project manager, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the management, budget, performance, invoicing, and schedules of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Managing the contract, scope, and budget review of new projects.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with assuming business development roles, with a focus on nurturing and developing client relationships. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining strong professional relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Working with GSI’s marketing team to develop winning sales strategies, preparing proposals, and interviewing for potential projects, and actively positioning for new project opportunities.
- Attending professional conferences and presenting technical papers.
To be considered for this role, you must have, at minimum:
- A master’s degree from an accredited college or university in hydrogeology, engineering, or a related field.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience, primarily in Oregon, with established relationships and an existing client network.
- A Registered Geologist or Professional Engineer license in Oregon, or the ability to obtain a professional registration/certification through reciprocity